Saturday, January 23, 2021



Dotted Weave Pink, and Beige
24" x 24" streatched canvas

I was playing around with a long forgotten canvas that I had created with orange pink and grey underpainting. I decided that I wanted this underpainting to be remembered and reimagined. I was inspired by Albert Handell to used a dry brushstroke technique to create the dimension of the weave in the dotted paper. The dots were created in different colors to bring attention away from the randomness of the underpaiting. 

The beige image is meant to be a companion peice, one of a series of four (I am working on the last two). Since bright colors are not my "thing", I chose a quiet and more subtle image while still utilizing a dry brush teachnique for the paper dimesion and a direct paint for the dots. 





No comments:

Post a Comment