Saturday, January 25, 2020

Small Mouth REVISED ! The artist's Perogative

This piece was hanging around in my studio for over a year when the vision of something better finally became available to me. The upper left corner was too dominant. The centerpiece was weak. I like the movement, the texture, and the unexpectedness of the focal point lacking contrast but more color. Still, it wasn't done yet. It didn't feel right.  I greeted the canvas once more and revealed the balance that I was waiting for. Can you find what was changed? 



"Small Mouth" James 1:26
36" x36" oil on canvas
Antoher thing to notice is about how difficult it is to get accuracy in color with a monitor. The above digital image is more accurate in color. The background has this purple tint.


This latest painting is a nice accomplishment for me since I haven't painted in the past few years. Yay!
It is larger than what I had been doing before. This is 36"x36" and a re-visit to my Paper series.




No comments:

Post a Comment