Friday, March 14, 2014

Master Study of Richard Schmid flowers

Richard Schmid is a painter and author whom many realist painters admire for his masterful style of vignettes, layering, and color. Okay, there are many more reasons to admire his talent, but those three are the the first to come to mind.  His draftsmanship, edge work, and composition/design are a few more.  A picture of his painting titled, "Peonies", was painted in 2006 plain air and then finished in his studio. To know more about him, his website is http://www.richardschmid.com.

Here is my process of studying his painting. I have not yet finished, but since I haven't posted much lately, I thought you might want to see what I have been up to lately. I plan to finish by next week and will post the final of my study.



No comments:

Post a Comment